Learn more about Business Messaging API
The CM.com Business Messaging API enables you to send messages from your system to mobile phones all around the world. This RESTful API is the main interface between your application and the CM Platform and can be implemented to communicate via various communication channels - among others SMS, WhatsApp, RCS and Viber.
We accept single messages, but also very high volumes. The core capability of this API is that it can cope with various communication channels and high throughput.
The HTTP protocol is used, examples can be found in JSON and XML, though we advise using JSON.
- WhatsApp specific information
- Postman collection
- Swagger documentation (NOTE: We are currently updating the Swagger documentation to cover more than SMS)
- Incoming messages documentation
- Campaigns app [API] - The Campaigns app and API allows you to send bulk messaging to select channels like SMS and WhatsApp, using schedules, spreading of traffic, etc.
- Channels app [API] - The Channels app and API allows you to request additional channels, manage existing channels and related assets like WhatsApp templates.
- Chat button - Embed a "Start the conversation" button in your webpage and have your customers scan a QR code to launch your Whatsapp and/or Apple Messages for Business channel right on their phone.
- Status updates - Subscribe to get real-time updates on status and maintenance information
To make use of our API for SMS, you need to be registered at CM.com and have your billing details set in your CM Wallet. This can be recurring billing via credit card (self-service), or via alternative payment methods (signed business contract required).
In order to make use of communication channels like WhatsApp, Viber, or RCS, you are required to have access to the programs. This can be requested via CM.com and we will help you with the verification and activation when your request meets the terms and conditions of these additional services. For this, a billing account is required.
During the implementation, you might have questions and we kindly refer to our Help Center documents to get more background information.
We have built our API in such a way that you can use it for various communication channels.
Currently, we support:
- Apple Messages for Business
- Facebook Messenger
- Google Business Messages
- Instagram Messaging
Please be aware when using channels other than SMS, CM.com needs to have configured the outgoing flows before you can use them.
If you want to force the use of one channel or several specific channels, it is necessary to include which channel in the request.
Each channel comes with its own rules and regulations from service providers and governments alike. You are responsible for following the rules and regulations for each channel that you use. Failure to do so might result in immediate termination of the service.
Updated 11 months ago